Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Than a Feeling

I think I've reached rickshawvalla saturation. Well, atleast for Jodhpur. They wait for me. Every day I walk out at 8:30 am from the guesthouse they stalk. It's kind of like sharks when they smell blood. Except they smell American. They know what my intentions are. I always think to myself that I should throw a curve ball, "Oh, I'm taking the bus." But the truth is: I need them like they need me. I need my rickshawvalla fix. Moreover, I do not know where the bus picks or drops people off. It's sad that I've been here two weeks and haven't figured these things out. I intend to explore this Sunday. Maybe I will tomorrow. Who knows.
After work the same situation exists. I walk outside of the cow-trodden Milk Man Colony to find these other creatures. I give them the nod and they know: "K.N. Kalej, that's where he's going." So I hop in. My face is always the same as I walk towards them:


Bottom line: I'm making real relationships out here. Relationships that will last most likely a life time, and all I have to do is give them money.

No comments: