Wednesday, June 18, 2008

(almost) An original jhazzul

Now that I have your attention, I'd like to write a little diddy for all of you out there in probably America. I haven't prepared anything, so most of this will be ad-lib. I'm actually waiting for my laundry to finish ... 22 minutes. Let's see what kind of beauty I can construct:

....

Oh well, I give up. I still have 16 minutes, but it's hopeless. I may be past my prime. Something needs to inspire me. Today, I discovered how to write Thug Life in Hindi script. I wish I could share it with you all. Maybe some day you will see it.

I decided not to play soccer with the boys today. Well, I should preface this with a mention that I play soccer daily with a group of kids next to my guest house. It's pretty fun, except most of them are not so good. It's kind of like if one were to try to ski, but without snow ... or skis; it's not pretty:


You can see how ridiculous the whole notion is. Anyway, so I didn't go. I felt like I was ruining a routine, but I had stuff to do.

I should mention a few things about what I'm doing here. This is a brief description of what I think my research project will look like (assuming I get all the necessary approvals) :

"The main goal of this project is to deduce when, if ever, the benefits from tanka (an underground water cistern used for rainwater harvesting in the Thar Desert) use outweigh the costs in maintaining and constructing the structure.

In addition to the above topic, I would like to compile qualitative information concerning sanitation, perception, water use, and social impact of the tanka intervention. The former question is valuable in displaying a succinct and straightforward analysis of the economic consequences of tanka use, but it does not illumine the qualitative consequences that may benefit or disadvantage a family. Again, the main goal is to report the economic trend arising after a tanka is installed, but the secondary goal is to see the impact that a tanka provides to areas that costs cannot directly be assigned."



It's kind of wordy, and sounds a lot more intense than it actually may be. I will be using (hopefully) interviews and surveys to find out this information. The next few weeks will be interesting.



I'm open to suggestions on what I should write about. What do you want to know? For those of you that actually read this guy.





Myself in India with a lovely Indian boy

No comments: