Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The sun and the wind

Things you missed whilst I neglected to update:

1. I lost two pairs of gloves -- one on purpose and the other inadvertently.
2. The temperature has ranged from -22 to 0 degrees Celsius.
3. I started my first (and likely my last) collegiate soccer game.
4. I snowshoed.
5. I walked across a frozen lake.
6. Met real Quebec-ers; I think they were real-real ones.
7. Watched two or three beautiful movies.
8. Frequented Miami, the bar of all bars.
9. Frozen rain!
10. Frolicked.
11. Anticipated UNC-DUKE.
12. Had a test.
13. Got a metro pass.
14. I had a cold, resulting in an ah-choo.

Number 1o is a lie. Frolicking is impossible in this place. There are no sweeping meadows. And if there were any, they'd be impossible to see beneath the tundra environ.

I started a book recently that's huge. It's a compilation of environmental writers and my inspiration is at an all time high. I'm not sure what kind of muse it'll end up as, but I expect it to spur something.

My creative juices are currently lacking, similar to the past two weeks, so I must defer expounding on any event. I'll leave you all with a couple of pictures from this weekend.






No comments: