Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One Day at a Time

This morning was a slightly special occasion. It is approximately 4:45 am in the bowels of India. Today was a special occasion, you see, because I woke up in the midst of ants. This is actually an exaggeration, it was one to two ants (I cannot tell if it was just one persistent fellow or a pair of marauders). Under other circumstances this would not be a problem. I welcome a few ants here and there. It's their earth, too. However in addition to my ant plight, I am convinced I lost ten pounds last night. I am in the Desert. The Thar to be more specific. I have a ceiling fan, but it is, without explanation, not enough. In the day time the temperature reaches a respectable 110 degrees to give way to the nights of 85 to 90 degrees.
Oh yes, the ant(s). This man (or woman, do they venture out of the mound?) was encroaching on my personal space with incredible swiftness. I imagine if his little ant legs sustained more pressure from his pace, he would have exploded. He was traveling up the lower part of my foot to explore this new object that had suddenly appeared in his domain. To him, I was just an object. Now it is my job as a responsible human being to walk a mile in his shoes. So for the next few sentences, I'd like to explore what his blog entry would look like.

... I scampered out of the mound because Fernando, my neighbor, was being ridiculous. He wouldn't let me play his Ant-Box all day. He kept saying "Nah dude, in a second. Go help the Queen with laying eggs and whatnot." Everyone knew about the toothpick incident yesterday, including Jimmy. I couldn't look the queen in the eyes yet.
So I scampered out and toured the vicinity. I thought I'd resume my favorite position on that large red thing. It seemed soft and welcoming last time. Plus, I found some pretty tasty treats there yesterday. The climb was arduous but worth it. After a short time, I reached the summit.
Upon arriving, it didn't look the same. I ventured around and saw a large brown object laying stoically nearby. I mounted it with raging ferocity. It was a very strange object, a little like a forest. There were large swaying trees everywhere. Since there was vegetation, I thought the ground might offer some sweet reward. So, I bit it.
This next part is no lie: The forest began to move! I held on for dear life by gfsdjgsdg ...

Shortly thereafter the ant was squashed. For those of you that argue that ants are color-blind: don't worry about it.
I start work in four or so hours. This place is actually pretty nice, and I'm liking it. Hopefully I won't sweat my life away. Halla, halla back.

(Facebook won't show the pictures: www.jasadventure.blogspot.com)


Western Style Toiiiilet

No comments: